Seer is developing technology to revolutionise the diagnosis and management of neurological conditions, with a special focus on epilepsy. Our mission is to deliver deep personalised clinical insights and advance patient experience with leading-edge technology.
Our technology consists of wearable devices, a cloud platform and machine learning systems. These systems are at the core of our at-home video-EEG-ECG monitoring and diagnostic service - the first of its kind. Seer has already made a big impact across the east coast of Australia over the last 2 years, and is now building for international expansion.
About the Role
We're building a web platform and mobile app to enable machine learning to deliver insights from healthcare devices. The platform will enable curation of annotated biomedical data from these devices allowing us to provide personalised insights, predictions and alerts to patients in real-time. The platform currently supports our at-home video-EEG-ECG diagnostic services and clinical trials.
We’re looking to hire an engineer/developer to work alongside our web developers, data scientists and neurophysiologists to create and validate a seizure forecasting system, giving people with epilepsy insight into their seizure likelihood. This is being built as part of an international research project funded by the American Epilepsy Society (https://www.epilepsy.com/release/2018/10/epilepsy-foundation-awards-3-million-grant-international-team-scientists-improve).
- Developing tools and automated processes for data management and machine learning algorithms
- The day-to-day management of patients, devices and data as part of an international clinical trial
- Proactively raising issues or ideas for how our technology should/could be built
- Being an active member of the team's development and learning
- Extensive experience with Python
- Great communication skills and an attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for software quality (automated testing, code review, and documentation)
- Experience with machine learning and data science
- Ability to work well in a diverse team with different backgrounds and experience levels
In addition to these base requirements, we are particularly interested in people with experience in:
- Medical research (particularly manuscript preparation, working with patients, research administration and good clinical practice)
- Digital signal processing
- Git, CI/CD, and agile development practices
- Bayesian statistics (particularly event forecasting)
This is a great opportunity for someone to help us build an amazing product and work in a collaborative, team environment. You will have the chance to influence a growing team, work with and contribute to modern development tools, and work on a range of interesting features and problems.